How to Root and Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195
After the success of Galaxy S4, Samsung has recently released the Mini Version of Galaxy S4. I thought to share my views and comments on the new miniature version of the S4, but then, came to my mind that you must be aware of the features, because you now owned the Galaxy S4 Mini. Now straight forward, the Guide is simple, how to Root and Install CWM Recovery on your Galaxy S4 Mini? Additionally the specific Model GT-I9195, so make sure you have the same model before you proceed further.
If you have already rooted your device, then it is almost the same process, only you need to download the correct files, to get successfully Root and Install CWM Recovery on your Android device.
However, if you are new to Rooting your Android device, then there are certain things you should know in order Root your device successfully.
Read: Everything you need to know about Android Rooting.Things you should Know:
- Rooting your device will void your device Warranty.
- Although Rooting does not wipe data from your device, but then it is recommend to Backup your Data using these Apps.
- Make sure you have Installed Samsung Drivers on your PC. If not click here.
- Make sure you have enough Battery on your device.
- Also, Enable USB Debugging from your Settings App-> Developers Options.
Remember you are doing this at your Own Risk, The Guide is only for Educational Purpose. Also follow the exact steps, if you really want to successfully done the process of Rooting your Galaxy S4 Mini.Download
- Download Galaxy S4 Mini Root Zip File Package [Direct Link]
1. To get started, first of all extract the zip file package on your desktop, you just have downloaded earlier.
2. Now you Turn-Off your S4 Mini, and Boot it into Download Mode, by Holding the Volume Down+Home+Power Button at the same time.
3. Now you need to run Odin3 V3.07 from the extracted folder. Also, connect your device to PC, and be sure it odin recognizes your device. The ID:COM will show when it recognizes your device.
4. Make sure you Check the Auto Boot option from Odin and Uncheck the F.Reset option.
5. Now click the PDA Button and select the GT-I9195_MF5_870901.. file, then click the Start Button, to start flashing the file and Root your Galaxy S4 Mini.
6. Once you see the PASS! it means that you have successfully rooted your device. At this instance, your device will Reboot itself.
Instructions to Install ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) On Galaxy S4 Mini 1. Now again Turn-Off your device, and Boot it into Download Mode as you have earlier did.
2. Make sure to Uncheck the F.Reset Option, and check the Auto Boot option.
3. Now click on PDA Button and select the recovery-clockwork-60.3.3… file, then hit the Start Button to flash CWM Recovery file on your S4 Mini GT-I9195.
4. Once step 3 gets complete, Odin3 will again show you the Pass message, and your will Reboot.
5. Now you can disconnect your device from PC, now here comes the main step, to Root your Galaxy S4 Mini. After your device Reboots normally, Turn-Off your device again. Now you need to Boot your S4 Mini into Recovery Mode by holding the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons at the same time.
6. After completion of step 5, you will see the recovery options, Now select ‘Reboot System Now’ once you confirm it, it will prompt a message asking you to confirm whether to Root or not? Just select Yes to grant Root access to your Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195.
Now to make sure, you have successfully Rooted your device, go to app section area and Find SuperSU app which confirms you have done it the right way or just go to Google Play and ‘Root Checker’, just install and Run to confirm you have properly rooted your Galaxy S4 Mini.
Hopefully you have gone through the exact step by step to Root and Install CWM Recovery on your Galaxy S4 Mini. Still if you do have any confusion, feel free to ask in the comment section.